Thursday, November 23, 2006

One Quick Question… part two.

One Quick Question… part two.


The question again then rephrased a bit...

Truth abides...

‘Abides’ being a verb would mean that the 'abiding' is an action... So ‘Truth’ the ‘Noun of Nouns’... ‘The Nouns above all Nouns’, ‘Truth’ if it ‘abides’ is active...

John 15:4 also uses the same verb... in which Jesus states of Himself..." Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." KJV uses 'abide' while the NIV uses 'remain'. again 'remain' is another verb... is it not... it denotes activity.

Jesus speaks of us abiding in Him, and He in us... with that, we are not 'static' but living... as Christ Jesus is also living and active... His truth is living and active also... otherwise it can not be active...

The real issue is if one does not believe in truth that is living... how can it be active in us?

Likewise love is a verb also... it denotes activity... so a few verses verse 10 states: "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." KJV

Jesus is living in God’s love... and we are to live in Jesus Love... Here Jesus is the One abiding in the Father... and He is 'remaining/abiding' He is living... and the Father too is living/abiding in Jesus...

To further my point the phrase "truth abides" is not even in the bible... though we are now to "abide/remain in Truth"... Jesus is said to abide in us many times...

If one takes the time to really look... they will notice that words in the Bible often have specific and unique usages... as opposes to the general sense of the word... "Church" is just such a word...

The Word "logos" also has a specific usage in the Gospel of John. It in it common usage would be "spoken word". Yet in the context of John... John gives is a new meaning of being the Person of Jesus... this is not just figurative language, but as Colossians 2:17 teaches, "These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." The very "let there be" in Genesis chapter one... was just shadow of the reality that is Jesus Christ our Lord! To reduce Jesus as Truth to be figuratively, then reduces Jesus to being figurative (He is much more as He is God Incarnate!), also note their relationship is interchangeable in scripture…

Both: Jesus and Truth are actively remaining in us as we remain in both Truth and Jesus. Truth only abides in us as the Person of Christ Jesus ‘abides’ in us. To have Truth, we must have Jesus... to have Jesus is to have Truth... And note also it is Truth and The Son Who set us free... and if set free by Jesus and Truth, we are free indeed! ( I wish I could express the joy in my heart as I say write that.)


We must never place this worlds understanding over the Biblical world view… if we do we then will have a warped view of Jesus and of the Gospel… it changes the teachings of sound doctrine into man made doctrines… it reduces God of all creation to be able to be understood in mans vain philosophies.

I close with this thought….

1 Cor 2: 12 - 16. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ. (NIV)

I have chosen Jesus not to just come into my life, but rather to exchange my life, which scripture teaches is really death, as I am dead in my sins… I have chosen to exchange my death, for Jesus Life. His Life is eternal. I have chosen to let Jesus the Person… dwell in my heart… to abide in me and I am abiding (dwelling) in Him.

In Him I have, Truth, Life, Salvation and Hope… among only some of the things living in the Reality that is Jesus. For Christ Jesus is not 'figurative' He is my very Life in Reality!

I hope this for you also.

Blessings,
iggy



Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: