Some have asked me what this "exchanged life" is that I often talk about. Though I openly admit I do not agree with their doctrinal statement on some finer points, the teaching of the "Exchange Life" is profound when one realizes what has happened to them when one is in Christ. Now here is what the "Exchanged Life" is not. Taken from Clarification of the Exchanged Life by Exchanged Life Ministries of Texas
The "Exchanged Life"...
- is not a new teaching.
- is not sinless perfection.
- is not a life of passivity.
- is not a self-help teaching.
- is not an undisciplined life.
- is not a second work of grace.
- is not a counseling technique.
- is not an improved "old man."
- is not in any way deifying man.
- is not instant change in behavior.
- is not a formula for self to imitate Christ.
- is not peace through changed circumstances.
- is not dying to self (wiping out our personality).
- is not a guarantee that circumstances will improve.
- is not overlooking or approving sinful behavior (promoting license).
- is not a guarantee that emotions will line up consistently with truth