Thursday, July 26, 2007

Just one of those thoughts that keep gnawing at me…

Just one of those thoughts that keep gnawing at me… which will most probably get me some blanks stares at best from the Lordship Salvation crowd.

First off I want to say, Jesus is Lord… but more He is God, which trump a Lord… as I see it.

Jesus, also being God was through Whom all creation came… so again, just by default I think He is Lord…

Now saying that, the issues to me is what does it matter that one accepts Jesus exactly in the right manner… This reeks of works as it means one need do something so exact to please God. It places works on salvation.

Now, that is not the big issue.

Most of the “Lordship Salvation (referred to as LS from now on as my fingers are tired) are Calvinist or of some sort of Calvinist bent. Nothing that bad there I can’t put up with, yet part of TULIP… (It is a sort of Calvinist shorthand just look it up if you have not heard of it before) is Irresistible Grace which is the teaching that when God calls someone who is “Elect” they cannot resist God’s Grace. Now I am not going into all that at this point, but if one is “elect” and called by God by His grace, then how can they accept Jesus wrongly? I mean it seems that as the teaching of irresistible grace states, God calls someone and they cannot resist.

So, here we have a group of people who teach on one hand that God Grace cannot be resisted and that Whom He calls being the “Elect” are already saved from the foundation of the world… worried about how someone state their faith? They are worried that someone does not accept Jesus with the right words or understanding? They seem to negate God’s sovereignty by the very teaching of LS.
So, which one is it… that one has to accept Jesus with just the right words and understanding or that God calls His Elect by Grace and they cannot resist it.

To me this is just a vain argument over “words” that is warned against is scripture. In fact for the most part I have only found the fruit LS bears is like this…

Beware of divisive people… 2 Tim 2:23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.

I will end this with this thought, In Romans10:13, it does not say "Everyone who calls Jesus Lord will be saved." It doe s say, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
It is God Who reveals Who Jesus is, as Ephesians 3:4-5 states:
“In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets.”

I think as far as Salvation is concerned… If someone is in God’s hands, someone is in much better hands some man who teaches that there is some formula that includes magical words that can lead to salvation.

The bottom line is LS should be an affront to the True Calvinist... and one would wonder that it would be more likely taught out of the Arminian camp. Being neither, I just see it as a waste of time to debate. But... here I am! LOL!

Be Blessed,
iggy

No comments: