Thursday, April 12, 2007

Book Review: God on Mute by Pete Greig


Pete Greig is described as "an author, church-planter and one of the founding leaders of 24-7prayer". With that one would imagine that he would be all about "This prayer was answered!" or "We prayed and a miracle happened!"... Yet instead as he watched his wife struggle for her life first with a life threatening tumor then with her struggles with merciless seizures.
What we see a story of faith and hope that unfolds as Pete faces why prayers are not answered sometimes.
I found it hard to read... not that it was written badly, rather I had to set it down many times as I would find myself weeping over the struggles and victories that Pete shared in the book. I would highly recommend it for people in the midst of the struggle as well as for a small group. In the back is a discussion section. It is a good read... and its profundity will sneak up on you at times.
Blessings,
iggy

No comments: