Sunday, September 07, 2008

What if there was true persecution in America?




I was laughing about a recent article that an ODM had written stating he was being so very persecuted over having to move his blog. I also was sort of angry as he compared this with being a Viet Nam war vet. I though what a dishonorable thing to say about true war vets.


What if we did have real persecution? Is having a blog deleted anything compared to having one's wife and children murdered in front of you just because one is a Christian? How about if someone was tossed to wild animals or ripped apart alive...? Yes these are sick things...


Yet, things like this are happening now. My friend Preacherman has a great post called "Crucifixion Legalized and Practiced In Darfur" . Also, please check out the links he has. This IS real... this IS sad... and this is a REAL WAR and not some so called "truth war" that seems more interesting in promoting some peoples relativistic view of truth filtered through their preferred theological system.


Be blessed,

iggy

3 comments:

Zhivago of Tookland said...

Hey, your absolutely right. And, I personally believe that since we are all one Body of Christ, that the harm that is done to any is also harm done to Christ and to us, the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 10:15-17, 1 Corinthians 12:11-13, 1 Corinthians 12:26-28) and that it is our responsibility to submit to Christ, the head of the Body of Christ (Ephesians 5:23).

preacherman said...

Iggy,
Thank you so much for this post on persecution. I apprecaite you sharing information that is on my blog as well. God bless you brother. I hope and pray that we can make a kingdom difference by getting this information about what is going on in the world.
You blog has always been on of my favs. I hope and pray that God continues to bless your ministry in a powerful way.

Doorman-Priest said...

True persecution is an interesting litmus test. I have just returned from five weeks in Estonia, a former Soviet state where agressive atheism was promoted. The worshipping demographic is intesting and reflects that period but folk have not flooded back even though they wished to have the churches open again.