Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Prayer Please...

I don’t know about you, but I seem to have these times when all Hell breaks loose. This seems to be at very crucial times for me. Like becoming homeless and having to choose to move to Montana. Not finding work for a year as my wife gives birth to my first child, then having a major lull in my job where there is little income at the time of my second child’s birth.

In the last year I have worked very hard at developing a new fellowship. Since I am a bit out of the norm as regards to what many call “traditional instutionalized church” I have not been able to find a parent church to back me…. Now before you think I am whining here, I hope you realize that God has been there with me through all this. Sometimes I have not been able to pay some bills, yet, I have never been hungry, naked, or without shelter. God has given me a wife of wives who I see as a testimony of God’s love to me every day.

Hard times fall on us all. As I am entering into phase two of the fellowship I hope to develop in Billings, I have been feeling that breath of Satan on my neck. Though, I don’t enjoy the feeling, I realize that it is He who is nervous and scared, not me. I may have concerns as to how to pay rent, which is temporal, His concerns are eternal.

In the big scheme of things I see that God is moving in my life, I can be bogged down with the lies that God has forsaken me and that He no longer cares for me. If I just look at the superficial circumstances around me I would have to say it is so. Yet, as I dig deeper into that internal place of the heart, that Garden of Peace beyond understanding planted with the Seed of Jesus, I am a rest. My fears are exchanged with Truth, the Person of Jesus Himself.

One can fear shadows, yet as one faces the Sun, the shadows that fire imaginations darker side are squelched. I am not worried in the way someone without hope may worry, as I look forward to what God’s plan is and how He will be working out His purpose in me.

God has been so faithful as He has brought Fellow Fishermen to my side, David and Chad and their families. At a time where I could have felt so alone I have been given the gift of fellow servants who’s hope is the same as mine. Believe me that is a hard measure, and I see that these men are a great and wonderful gift from God.

I ask only for prayers at this crucial time. Not that the trials are taken away as I desire the growth they give me, but the protection over those we minister to. Prayer to be able to fill my worldly obligations. Prayer to become more sensitive to the needs of the lost sheep of Billings Montana. I desire prayer for David and Chad and their families as they are experiencing some attack also.

Romans 5

1.  Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2.through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3.  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4. perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Blessings,
Pastor Carlos  

No comments: