Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Father Day... even for the fatherless...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZAkx6RlCLA


Father’s Day is coming up fast and I have mixed emotions. While I am glad to be a father, my own father died when I was young. This seemed to set me apart from other friends at times. Being fatherless often left me empty, but especially at times when not having a father sort felt like it was being rubbing in my face. Father/son camp outs or any other events that were father/son made me feel unwelcome. Father’s Day though made me want to just hide.

Yet, now that I am a father, I find it wonderful at the same time. Not that I am being “honored” rather that I am honored everyday to have two wonderful children I love very much. My life has been truly changed and opened wider by Fischer and Ciana. While I may still struggle at trying to figure out how to be a father, I am thankful for the men who did guide me on my way. Without their guidance and prayer who knows where I would be now. Mostly, I am thankful for my Father in Heaven who promised to be my Father as he promises all who are fatherless. He is the Father of the fatherless. If you did not have a father, be it he died, left you abandoned, remember the One True Father who will never leave you or forsake you. This is true even if you have a father who was not emotionally there or even abusive. The One True Father loves you far greater than you can imagine.

The hardest thing all of us have to do is trust Him… and even in that He will help you.
With God, there is no fatherless day...

Share/Save/Bookmark  

No comments: