Saturday, March 21, 2009

Face of Emerging changing?




I just read an interesting article at Emergent Village where Jonathan Brink is covering the latest Emerging Church conference. I found it interesting that as I have stated for over a year now that emerging will be morphing into something different. For a while emerging has been called, "young, white, rebellious, adolescent"... etc, yet, as one that is a bit older myself than the "average" emerging (whatever that is!) I found that the face of emerging is much older. Johnathan mentions, "The average age in the room was at least 50." BTW, if that is true, then I am one of the young ones at age 44! lol!

So is Emergent coming of age? I have more thoughts on this yet not enough time to get them written down. Suffice it to say, I remember many time as a youngster, that I would sit through teachings on how God used the young to bring on revival. My view is that emerging IS the revival that so many desire... and is spreading.

No comments: