Saturday, December 15, 2012

No words: (Thoughts on the CT shootings)




I am at a loss for words concerning the recent tragedy in Connecticut. In fact, I admit that writing this is a bit of a struggle. My heart and prayers go out to the families who suffered such horrible loss.  
Part of the struggle of writing anything is the feeling I am joining in with those who are exploiting this sad moment with an agenda. Many are already blaming TV, guns or lack of gun control, video games and so the list goes on and on. I do not in any way want to be associated with such exploitation. There is a time for grieving and a time for anger. The death of 20 children is not the time to push your own personal agenda. You may disagree or even get pissed off with me saying that, but that is how I feel.

So, in lieu of my own words I will point to some articles I found that express ways to deal with this tragedy as well as help us keep a perspective.



My thoughts on the grieving process (I only submit this as many people have stated it has helped them)

I will add more, or better, as you find something helpful, feel free to post it. Also, give your loved ones a hug today… tomorrow…  and pray for those who lost their child or loved ones.

Someone posted this on Google+

Send a card and help with the healing

Today I don't want to talk about violence in our schools or gun control.  I want to talk about +Helping Others.  I want to talk about how each of us can do one thing, one small thing to help a child who has witnessed and experienced great tragedy at a tender age.  A child who will never be the same, for whom yesterday will be a moment that is etched in their memory and consciousness for the rest of their lives.

You can mail a card/letter of support and encouragement to the children and teachers.  If your children are old enough that you have discussed this with them, part of the discussion could be to have them make a card to send too.  

The address is:
Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT 06482

Please share this with your circles.  The more people we can reach, the more children we can help.  Thanks.

No comments: