Tuesday, May 06, 2008

"Worship in spirit and in truth"

Working Hands John Crosley
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. ~ John 4:23

Just a thought. We worship in spirit and in Truth. but does that mean disembodiment? Is "spirit" detached? For that matter, is Truth only mental assent to doctrine? Especially if Jesus is Truth incarnate? If we detach the spiritual union of Christ in us an we in Him, and also detach truth from Christ in only a abstraction of thought... are we still connected to the Head which is Christ?

Interestingly that the word "Spirit" in John 4:24 means also "wind" or "breath" or "life"... while the word "Truth" means truth, but also "truly".

If we look closely at this verse I wonder if instead of disembodied abstraction of thought sort of worship, which seems to be what I learned or have caught from others, we are to live our in our life our very true worship unto God. It is interactive and not something that is so out there in the "heavens" as not to be obtained. I think that Jesus was stating that instead of temple made of stone we are to worship God in our truly living Life...


I just wonder if true worship is not in our church buildings, but in the build up of dirt under our fingers as we work out our salvation by the Power of the Holy Spirit and God working His perfect will and purpose in and through us.


2 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

"I just wonder if true worship is not in our church buildings, but in the build up of dirt under our fingers as we work out our salvation by the Power of the Holy Spirit and God working His perfect will and purpose in and through us."

Amen to that!

preacherman said...

Wonderful post brother!
Keep up the great job.
I pray that God's richest blessings fall on your life as you serve Him.

I have a request for you. I was wondering if you and your readers could stop by my blog and leave an encouraging message for a family who is suffering beyone imagination. I know God says he won't give us what we can't take but this family has been pushed to the limits. It would mean so much and make a difference in the life of an entire family. Please...take a few minutes of you time and leave an encouraging word or prayer for them.

I love you blog and read it as much as I can.