Wednesday, May 04, 2005

did you hear a collective "oooooppppssss, we may have made a mistake"?

I just read this article concerning the fire fighter in a coma for 10 years... He woke up. His vegetative state was pretty much an echo of Terri Shindler (Schiavo). Supposedly the same brain damage as Terri. This family was able to keep up with their regular therapy and low and behold!

His first words were "I want to talk to my wife."

Now imagine if Terri had this happen to her... "Where is my husband?"
"Oh, huh, he is shacked up with some other woman and has had two kids with her... And basically he wished you to be dead."

Praise God for this loving wife who stood by her man... Heros. Both of them.
Let's pray for his full recovery.

Blessings,
iggy

3 comments:

JP said...

a hearty AMEN to that. I could not agree with you more. That is wonderful that he awoke from his coma. May God Bless him and his wife.

Unknown said...

The last thing I heard he was talking up a storm and walking with a walker...
And his dr. said there was no hope..the family almost removed his feeding tube....hmmmm
iggy

Elson - son of El (El means God in hebrew) said...

WOw, hey, that powerful!