Saturday, August 28, 2004

the mad man screams out to chaos

Beyond our perception that one sees as chaos is God, to find God is like the calm of a great storm. to leave the center is to be destroyed, to live in the center is to live in peace as the storm rages. the turtles hide don't they, they see the storm and crawl into shells, can't see so no harm. Don't move and no hurt. But, I am damaged goods... the sick one in need of the doctor, my bones need broken to be fit right, my spirit to be broken to be healed and reconditioned for the weight of Truth and Grace. I squirm and wiggle and pray that no one steps on me. Maybe to be used to catch fish...a worm for the Greatest of Fisher of Men. I am laid low to be lifted up... as my savior was before me. To be beaten and to be stripped for all to see... No martyr complex, but a silent prayer to the One to calm my fear, to not run as Judas but to be restored as Peter. Both committing sin against God but differing in their self view of their sin... One who felt unredeemable and one who thought he never would need to be redeemed lifted up and restored to be Jesus' Rocky.So, do I leave the fighting of the former life... abandon the ones... or do I cause enough pain and torture them with their theology until they give up on me... in hopes as Jesus may have hoped that maybe, at the last supper, Judas may turn and say to Him, "what must I do to be saved?"

When is it the time of Salvation?... for God is Salvation.. so as God is, Salvation is....Now.

blessed,
iggy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

john,
As you get to know me I think you will be really surprised as to my view of sin and right and wrong.
Jesus was not concerned with our "right and wrong", He was concerned for our restoration to the Father. Or as in your case, unto Himself. My view of sin is not right/wrong thinking but opening up to goodness.
Goodness transends the modern view of Right and wrong thinking of sin...
The story of the Good Samaritan...(I am borrowing this thought heavily from Brian McLaren) the robber was on one end of the spectrum...and the priest, levite and Pharisee were on the other side of the spectrum...
a la right and wrong...but these ignored the issue of doing good. Here Jesus was speaking of the "Good" Samaritan...someone in Jewish thought would find a contridiction...for they were half breeds thus impure and not acceptable to God... Here this Good Samaritan does neither right nor wrong, but was good.
If we focus on sin as right and wrong we will gravitate to the "sin", just as one will tend to gravitate toward anything one focuses on. But, to focus on the Relationship and enter into the Conversation... then growth of character occurres. This growth, is above stopping a behavior.. but prepares us for Eternity and Life when we pass through the door way of death.
I see this as so far from and above and much more worthy of pursute than to stop my pet sin.

Blessed,
iggy