Monday, August 27, 2007

The Pride of Evangelicalism: ‘Man Saves Man’ and Decisions Are The Plan: A Responose

I just read this post... The Pride of Evangelicalism: ‘Man Saves Man’ and Decisions Are The Plan


And my response is...

Huh?

When I was involved in the "seeker/purpose models... we never taught man can save man... salvation is and was and will always be of God....

Even more so I know of not one person who teaches this in the emerging conversation...

For all my years as an Evangelical Christian it has always been taught:

Ephesians 2: 8-9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast."

This was taught in the Evangelical Church... and every church i have attended....

So, all I can say to this straw-man accusational post... is

HUH?

Be Blessed,
iggy

No comments: